Sunday, November 19, 2006

Spiritless Allies

There is a sub-breed of Republican who just doesn’t have the fight in him. These are the RINO’s. Republican In Name Only.

Secretly they believe the Democrats are right.

They call themselves “moderates” but what they really are is gutless. They are liberals who should be in the other party because they don’t believe in anything.

Well OK that’s wrong. They believe in aborting babies. That is one issue they will go out on a limb for. I do have to give them that.

RINO's think that passionately held viewpoints are something to be ashamed of. And those with strong opinions should be silenced in the name of civility.

The Revolutionary Republicans on the other hand hold that it’s not unsporting to crush your foe when you have the chance. Politics is the ultimate blood sport. Don’t play if you don’t want to get hurt.

The real liberals play for keeps. Why are Republicans asked to hold their fire by other Republicans?

These little girly men don’t have the fight and they resent those Republicans that do. They hate Ann Coulter and Rush Limbaugh.

These people are content to be forever in the minority. Those few that are elected are so terrified of losing their 8 foot by 8 foot office in Hartford that they never endeavor to pass worthwhile legislation. If they propose say a ban on partial birth abortion that might create a controversy and they might lose their minuscule kingdom.


Oh My Gosh maybe the newspaper won't endorse them for re-election!!!!!!!!

Here is a prime example of what I am talking about:

“level_headed” is an anonymous poster at the Norwich Bulletin.

Now first of all, the name alone says it all.

“level_headed”

This person chose this name because he can’t decide which way to come down on issues. He wants everyone to say he is not too Left and not too Right.

He had this to say about me the other day:

“I'd love to see Simmons come back and win it. That said...
Mccommas, is it too much to ask for you to stop being an arrogant jerk in all of the forum replies and blog comments that you leave?”


I responded as I always do in a case like this. I recited the First Amendment and challenged him to use his real name to which he said:

“Actually, McCommas, I can go by whichever name I choose. That's the beauty of requiring a "username," not a "legal name."


And you're wrong -- I'm a huge Simmons supporter and I voted for him. I didn't for one minute consider voting for Courtney.

My problem isn't with your opinions; it's with your delivery. Disagree with whomever you please -- that's your right -- and I'm not even saying I disagree. I'm simply saying you're rude in expressing your views.

At the very least, have some sense of decorum. I may not be using my name, but unlike many forum members, I'm displaying my sense of class.”

Now that’s very Weickerian of him to say so about himself; isn’t it? He has class.

If I am perceived as rude in expressing my views than there is always a good reason for anger. Go back and look at each post you will find that I am fuming about an injustice. In this case it is clueless poll workers who did a very sloppy job of counting the votes.

Some of them didn’t bother opening absentee ballots. Others are misreading figures and no one cared enough to double check. Only 11 towns out of 65 got their numbers correct the first time.

I think people have a right to be angry no matter who they voted for. Their votes aren’t being counted.



If I hurt anyone's feelings than thats just to damn bad.








1 Comments:

Blogger Seane-Anna said...

Amen, bro!!!!

November 22, 2006 11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Free Counter