Sunday, July 20, 2008

League of Liberal Women Voters


John R. McCommas
29 Kathleen Drive Unit 7A
Willimantic CT 06226

Dear President Jara N. Burnett:

In my time as an legislative intern you people had an opinion on every liberal piece of legislation there was. -- And you always sided with the liberal Democrats so how can you be non-partisan? For example you backed that Welfare For Politicians bill under the misconception is was "reform".


You people are lobbyists. Now don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with being a lobbyist. What I object to is you folks pretending to be otherwise.

Sorry but that's how I see it and I tell everyone I know that. No real Republican should have anything to do with your organization. Any Republicans that are involved with you must either be unaware of what you quietly do at the capital or are R.I.N.O's.

-- This is one story I just love to tell: At one hearing one of you people showed up and started misrepresenting something. I don't remember what. A male state rep. ripped your representative to shreds. Not knowing any better, I felt a bit sorry for her. My female boss then leaned back and whispered in my ear "You know I am getting really sick of these women too and I am one of them!"

That man is now a judge -- one of the few that is actually a Republican.

I love that story but I'll bet you don't.

-- John R. McCommas


Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger mccommas said...

More smart reading on the subject:

http://www.ntu.org/main/press_commentaries.php?PressID=165&org_name=NTU

July 20, 2008 9:48 AM  
Blogger Seane-Anna said...

I've never thought much about the League of Women Voters. Thanks for this informative post, Mac. I'll have to learn more.

July 30, 2008 8:25 AM  
Blogger mccommas said...

They are lobbists who say they aren't lobbists.

August 02, 2008 1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Free Counter