Wednesday, January 05, 2011

GRASSROOTS EAST IS BACK!!!


The following is an email I received from Ed Munster. I hope to see you there!



-- John McCommas



Dear fellow Republicans:



There is good news ahead for the Republican Party in the Second Congressional District.



A group of party leaders and activists have decided to renew the Grassroots East organization which existed in years past to support Republican candidates running in Connecticut’s Second Congressional District. The immediate goal is to attract members from every town in the 2nd who will work together to elect a Republican Congressman and promote our Republican message in all elections throughout the district.



Grassroots East was founded in 1976 following Chris Dodd’s election to the U.S. House of Representatives. He followed Bob Steele, a Republican. In the intervening years the organization raised money and provided support to all of our candidates, including Rob Simmons who won back the seat in 2000 – twenty five years later.


The purpose of this letter is to invite you to attend our first official function on January 28, 2011, from 7:00-9:00 pm in the Holiday Inn at 11 Laura Boulevard in Norwich, CT. The event will honor past Members of Grassroots East as well as all of our 2010 congressional and state office Republican candidates. There will be light refreshments and a cash bar.



We hope that your Republican Town Committee members will support us and honor our Republican candidates by attending our event. Additional details are available on our Facebook page at Grassroots East.


We have kept the cost at a minimum. A mere $10 per person charge is requested to attend the Kickoff Event on January 28, 2011. Annual membership is $20 per person. However, for those attending on January 28, a $20 contribution will also include the annual membership in the GRE. Contributions in excess of these modest amounts would be gratefully appreciated. Checks made payable to Grassroots East should be sent to John Ferrara, 51 Trout Lake Dr; Westbrook, CT 06498-1618.



Sincerely,




Edward W. Munster


Acting Chairman

2 Comments:

Blogger Seane-Anna said...

Hi little brother!!!!!! It's been a looooong time, hasn't it? Glad to see you're still blogging, and I hope you're well. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and that 2011 will bring only blessings for you.

My Christmas was great and 2011 is starting off really well for me. I went through a trial during the last half of 2010. I had a bout with breast cancer and went through months of hard treatment--chemo is AWFUL!!!!--which ended in December, just in time for Christmas. I'm now cancer free and intend to stay that way, God willing.

Little brother, stop by by blog when you get the chance. I'm still blogging, though I don't post as much as I did before I got sick. I'm still trying to get back to my pre-cancer groove. But do stop by. I've missed you and would love to hear from you. Take care, sweetie.

And I love your new pic!

January 15, 2011 6:20 AM  
Blogger mccommas said...

That is both bad and good news. I am glad you beat it. Make sure it never comes back with lots of checkups to make sure it is really all gone.

I quit school for now and it was a very good decision. I need a rest. Now I can do and write stuff I really care about. -- And rest when I get home and do nothing sometimes!

My Mom (and Grammie and my great Aunt) died when I was nine (she was just 36) and about the only thing that comforted me was when my Dad told me that there were scientists working very hard to find a cure. I am so proud of them. They have not come miles since 76, they have come LIGHTYEARS!! Cancer is no longer the death sentence it was years ago. We understand it better and have many treatments that save more and more every year. I am glad you are one of them. I know others too.

January 16, 2011 6:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Free Counter