Tuesday, April 01, 2008

More Liberal Brainwashing at the Norwich Bulletin


This is one of those things that make me go hummmmm.....


Who besides a liberal journalist or editor would ever use the term “anti-illegal immigrant”? The word placement is awkward, odd and unnatural. I don't think that was the choice of words chosen by this letter writer


Robert Gladding, of Moosup, is 85 years old. Someone 85 years old does not use such new fangled, politically correct terms such as “anti-illegal immigration". I will bet you that the words Mr. Gladding chose were something like the term we have always used to describe these trespassers -- illegal aliens.


Also note the prefix “anti”. That prefix is placed there to make the letter write seem intolerant and hateful because that’s the way the editor wants him to be viewed by the reader. This viewpoint is the wrong one you see.


People’s views on abortion are portrayed the same way. Someone opposed to baby killing is “anti-choice” or “anti-reproductive rights” or some such. Someone who wants babies killed at every stage of their development is given the softer term “prochoice” to disassociate the violent act from the person holding the view.


Of course there is the possibility that Mr. Gladding actually has been brainwashed enough by the repetition of these terms that he actually chose these words himself. And therein lies the purpose of this political correctness – brainwashing.


Once we surrendered our own characterization of the problem we have lost the argument.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Seane-Anna said...

Hey little brother! I get the point you're trying to make but, personally, I don't mind being called anti-illegal immigration, anti-choice, or anti-reproductive rights because I AM those things!

I oppose illegal immigration and I oppose "choice" and "reproductive rights" when that means killing babies in the womb. And you know what? I'm PROUD of it!!!! So let the libtards slap the anti label on me. So long as it's an accurate representation of my beliefs I don't mind.

April 01, 2008 9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Free Counter